I start my student teaching internship this week! Yay!
Do you have any tips/advice for me?
Student teachers: If your mentor teachers allows it try to observe numerous grade levels in your subject. Also attend as many meetings and conferences possible.
- superdent answered:I’ve been student teaching for two weeks and the best advice I can think of to give is to be patient with yourself and stock up on vitamins!
- kathrynn-lee likes this
- ccultured likes this
- ccultured answered:Be proactive, jump right in, dont be shy. Do every and anything. The best way to learn is by doing. The more you do the better prepared u are
- treborsel answered:The toughest kids in the class are the ones that need you the most. They are daring you to care about them. Don’t let them down.
- daintylion answered:Get sleep. Be patient with yourself and them. Talk to other teachers at the school. Stay positive. Find one good thing every day.
- aiannemanaloto answered:just love what you are doing and enjoy! then the rest will follow. ;] love your students. ;] <3
- cultivatedflower answered:Make sure that the students know you’re there for them, give them your email and encourage them to ask questions
- cultivatedflower likes this
- rondeg answered:Go to every extracurricular you can manage going to. It really showed that I care and the kids picked up on it right away. Plus, its fun!
- coloursinaflower answered:Ask lots of questions.
- sonhandocomolhosabeertos answered:Heeeey’
- itsdestiny answered:Ask a lot of questions!!
- girlwithalessonplan answered:comfy shoes!
- rjccourt answered:Over Prepare! You will never have enough stuff prepared ahead of time. Things will go too fast or fall apart and you will be left hanging.
- revolutionizeed answered:Wear comfy shoes no matter what!
- jenniferisabel answered:Ask questions and listen!
- allisoff-88 answered:See my pos: watchallisonteach.tumbl…
- alawicious4life answered:Im a student but the best advice I can give is to be yourself and always rember the age group youre working with should effect how you relate
- soaking-it-in answered:lhuddles.tumblr.com/stu…
- mikejryan answered:What subject/level? That will dictate… Patience, be genuine, learn from students, throw the textbook away, ha.
- thefirst180 answered:Carry around post-it notes—Really!! Your cooperating teacher will give you advice throughout the day! Also—Planning your lessons is key!
- grayer answered:Try/Do everything your cooperating teacher asks. I’ve seen too many student teachers hold back when it comes to taking over duties.
- averelafede answered:Just like your students, you’ll need breaks too! Do something for yourself every day-even if it’s absolutely NOTHING when you get home.
- This was featured in #Education
- redheadnerdgirl likes this
- theartguy answered:Don’t be afraid to let a teachable moment get in the way of a lesson plan.